Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Mouse In the House

The night a mouse took up residence in my sons' bedroom we were awakened at one A.M. to banging on our bedroom door, our son declaring he would never sleep in his room again.

Ater calming down my angry husband who gets up at four a.m. to go to work, I venture out to check my sons' story that there is a mouse in his bed. This can be terrifying to a seventeen year old after all we have never had a mouse in the house before.

Just what the heck has our killer cat been doing? Todays' generation of kids just don't like to work and now this loss of interest in work has filtered down to our cat. What is this world coming to?

Finding my seventeen and sixteen year old and a friend all standing in the hall I decide maybe the three of them can handle this. "I am going back to bed." "What will we do?" "Put the cat in there and let it kill the mouse." "That is sick." "cool." Well at least one of them think my idea is cool.

I tried to go back to sleep as I listened to whispering and the swat of the broom hitting the floor and walls. This is one problem I know three teens can take care of. The mouse is probably well fed in their room. Maybe it is time to clean the teen pit.

The alarm went off wakening me to thoughts of the mouse escapade. I got up to see if they found it. Looking in the open door of their room I find no teenagers, just a pile of furniture in the middle of the room. It is really strange that a mouse moved in when we have a perfictly good cat. Something appears wrong here.

I find the three mouse hunters sleeping on the floor in the living room. I guess they figured a mouse wouldn't run out and across them if they slept in another room.

Getting into my Pet Detective mode I start sorting out information in my head. It started to make sense. Last night had been Halloween Night and my eighteen year old son didn't even come out of his room during all the commotion.

Looking in my eighteen year olds room I see him sleeping peacefully. There is an empty shoebox on the floor next to his bed and our cat is curled up next to him. I believe the mystery is solved. Ace Venture move over.

No comments: