Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Out to dinner

Our kids think we don't get out enough. So they give us gift certificates to restaurants. After holding on to one for Houstons in Scottsdale for a year we decided to go.

Plan on at least three and one half hours. Hey this is a lot of time for a construction worker from Pocatello Idaho and a toilet bowl cleaner from Blanca Colo. population 300.

We parked my Five year old Chevy next to a new BMW I always park by nice cars because I know they won't ding my car with their doors.

We go in and give our name and are told the wait is one hour and twenty minutes. This is new for us since our idea of a meal is the drive thru at In and Out and eat at home.

I start talking to a lady from Philly. She says the weather is like New York. Like I have ever been to either place. A lady comes in with a set of twins. They are dressed alike they are the same height and have the same face and of course my husband asks if they are twins. She said no, one is the neighbors kid. My husband is amazed. Brother!

As we are being taken to our table my Husband is amazed that they knew who we were and didn't even give us a buzzer or yell our name at the top of their lungs.

As we look at the ticket and there is a description of him, Coke a cola hat, beard, kind of ugly. I added the kind of ugly.

We look at the menu that we were handed after they made my husband take off his hat. No prices, well that scares me right away. Now honey I tell my husband, do not order anything extra it could cost us more then we have.

We lose our waitress since they are all in black, skinny, and hair pulled up. We order the ribs which are suppose to be to die for good.

We get our meal, the waitress asks how everything is, I haven't a clue since I have not had a chance to take a bite. I told her I would let her know after I quit talking. I never saw her again.And one of the neatest things is that I picked up my fork and used it and it did not even bend like the ones I have at home. Three and a half hours later, $60 broker we head for home

The ribs were to die for good!!

Thanks kids.

No comments: