Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shop till you drop or someone kills you.

It is that time of the year where we all go shopping. NEVERagain. I went to one of the stores near my house and all I wanted was a rug I had seen the day before, it was the only one on the shelf, it even had a thread that was pulled out but it matched one I had at home and it was priced cheap. I picked up a couple of other small items and get in line, as I am waiting I notice there is no tag on the rug. I tell the cashier and she says I can't buy it. I said why, there is a sign with the price and it is the only one they have. She says I will show you. She switches off her light, there are five people behind me in line and she heads to the back of the store. I follow her. I show her where the rug was and she pulls one off the shelf that is not the same one but she says it is the same size and the price is twice as much as the sign had. I told her I did not want it. I beat her back to her cash register where everyone is gone but one man that is holding his baby and tossing his stuff back in the cart. I told him I did not know she was going to close the register, he just glared at me like it was my fault. She returns and rings my three items up takes my money and says nothing. All this over a rug. I get to my car and realize she forgot to give me one of my items. I head back into the store with my receipt, the minute she sees me she tosses the bag at me. I catch it and head out the door again. WHat the heck is going on. So much for Holiday Cheer. Oh yea, I will shop online from now on.

No comments: