Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Day of the Alarm

I long for the days when we could leave the doors unlocked and if someone wondered in during the night it was probably the neighbor who had one to many and went in the wrong door.

We kept a baseball bat by the bed just incase the person wondering in really might hurt us. We never had to use the bat.

I took care of my sons' house while they were out of town and they put in an alarm system since the neighbors house was broken into. So being the good mother I am I went over to check on the house. Upon entering the house the alarm started beeping. I could not find my glasses and started getting nervious that I could not turn it off before the police arrived. I got it off but could still hear a beeping sound. After running around the house from room to room I found it was their alarm clock that was going off. Ok, I thought I am in, I did it. I was kind of proud of myself untill I went to leave. I pushed the first button. The alarm told me the motion sensor was on. I pushed the second button. The alarm told me the doors were armed. Oh no how do I get out. I remembered he said the windows had not been done yet. Good. I opened the window and jumped out the window, fell on my rear on a rock but that was ok I got out and did not set off the alarm.

I was so proud of myself I called my son thinking he would be proud of me for jumping out the window at my age. I am pushing 60 real hard. Mom he says you have 60 seconds to go out the door.

Well gee son thanks for telling me.

No comments: