Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Yard Sale in the Sky

They say when you die heaven will be 100 times better then anything on earth. Just how big is the yard sale in the sky. Will it have salt and pepper shakers from the 1500's , will everything have to be new? If not, before I die let me go to one more yard sale and buy one more thing for 25 cents. Let me sort through someones stuff and let me look at a crushed bottle framed in a picture frame. The fruit jars full of stuff that meant something to someone.The tools from ones craft and then there are the stolen tools from someones stupidity.

Don't let me be just someones' estate sale. Walk through and know that there was love here and laughter. Let me find something I lost 20 years ago. And please take down the signs when the day is gone because next week when someone is looking for a sale and they drive around your block twenty times looking for the sale, wasting gas you will ruin their day.

No comments: