Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Family Record Holder

Have you ever held the family record for the most F's on a report card in a year? Try to explain to the record holder in the family that an education is important. It is not always wise to use yourself as an example.

My oldest son held the record in our family and I told him how I had been 25 in my graduating class. Since his class was five hundred he was quite impressed. Till Grandma came over. She let the cat out of the bag.


"Sure she was 25th in her class, there were only 25 in her class or she would have been 26th." Her Uncle was the president of the school board and she had to baby-sit for weeks or he would not sign her diploma."

Thanks Grandma. As if that was not enough she also told the kids that the school was afraid I would go back the next year and so they let me graduate.

Now her facts were not exactly right but close enough to not help me much. So I had to invoke the I am the parent and you are the kid and you will do better because I have the power to make your life miserable rule.

Works everytime. Besides that they did not have an Uncle on the School Board.

No comments: