Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Haircut Anyone?

Getting a haircut these days makes me long for the days when everyone wore long hair and you just had the split ends trimmed off every now and then.

No Appointment needed has always been one of my favorites as when I want to get my haircut, I want it done right then and there. No appointment has become at least a day and a half wait. It seems like the world is like me and doesn't want to make appointments.

I always get the girl fresh out of beauty school; I think they may have throw away haircutters since I never get the same one twice. I always get the one that wasn't at the top of the class. You know the one that always sticks you in the head with the scissors and pretends she doesn't notice the red tips. She sprays a cloud of hairspray around your head which settles on your eye lashes and in your eyes. I think they do this so you can't see your haircut till you get home., assuming that you get home with your blurred vision.

They of course guarantee the haircut so if you end up with more hair on one side then the other and a part that you don't remember having, you can return. You will then surely get the lady that hates her job and scares you every time she tells you to put your head down. She makes you feel like she may stick your head in a guillotine. Because of this fear this hairdresser instills in you, no matter how bad your hair looks you will not say a word about it.

I have decided the good haircutters must work at the shops that you have to make appointments. As luck would have it, they advertise walk-ins welcome. Sure you just go ahead and walk in on a busy Saturday morning and you will feel about as welcome as a cat in a tuna factory.

No comments: